The Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Department of Accounting, Chair for Accounting, especially Management Accounting (Prof. Dr. Rohlfing-Bastian) at Goethe University Frankfurt is seeking to fill a position as
Research Assistant/ Doctoral Student (m/f/d)
(E 13 TV-G-U, 75% part-time)
The position is currently available and limited for a period of three years with the option of extension. The salary grade is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-G-U).
The position is part of the trans-regional collaborative research center TRR 266 “Accounting for Transparency”, fundet by the German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG). The candidate contributes to the research activities in project A02 “Transparency effects of organizational innovations” with the aim to obtain a Ph.D. The project is in cooperation with Humboldt University Berlin. We offer an inspiring research environment as well as close cooperation with top researchers within the TRR 266 and our broad international network. Our research methods comprise empirical, analytical and experimental studies.
Prerequisites for hiring:
- a completed degree (Master or equivalent) in Business or Economics, ideally with a focus in Accounting, Organizational Economics, or Personnel Economics
- excellent quantitative skills and knowledge in the field of Management Accounting, Organizational Economics, or Personnel Economics
- commitment to empirical or theoretical research
- excellent English language skills and skills in MS office; moreover, expertise in analysis tools and software in the research area of interest are desirable (e.g., statistical data analysis, econometrics, game theory, Stata, R, Mathematica, Matlab),
- flexibility, excellent communication skills, ability to work in a team, a high degree of self-motivation and an interest to participate in (international) conferences, research visits, and research cooperations are also expected
We offer a responsible and interesting job with excellent opportunities for professional. The TRR 266 offers excellent post-graduate education, which is achieved by offering post-graduate courses across all participating universities. Goethe University is a family-friendly employer with flexible working models and (currently) free ticket for public transportation.
The Goethe University is committed to a policy of providing equal employment opportunities for both men and women alike, and therefore encourages particularly women to apply for the position/s offered. Individuals with severe disability will be prioritized in case of equal aptitiude and ability.
Please send your complete application documents until 31.07.2023 via e-mail to email@example.com. You are invited to send your documents even in advance of completing the degree required for the respective position. Application documents contain a motivation letter, a CV, transcripts (for Bachelor and Master Studies), certificates and – if available – confirmations of tests like TOEFL or GMAT. Please send your documents consolidated to a single pdf-file. If you have any questions, you can contact us at the above e-mail address.