The Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Paderborn University, has a vacancy at the Professorship of Business Administration, esp. International Accounting (Prof. Dr. Sönke Sievers) from March 2024:
with 75% of the regular working hours. This is a qualification position within the meaning of the appli- cable law (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz, WissZeitVG) and thus serves to promote a doctoral de- gree in the field of business administration. The position is limited to the duration of the qualification procedure of the doctoral degree in business administration, depending on the qualification achieved to date, but generally for a period of 3 years. An extension for the completion of the doctoral degree is possible within the time limits of the law (WissZeitVG).
- Development and implementation of research projects, including participation in research teams and interdisciplinary projects
- Collaboration in the implementation and further development of courses at the interface between “Taxation, Accounting and Finance” (usually 3 SWS)
- Collaboration in the organization of the working group
Requirements for employment:
You have a university master degree (e.g., business, business mathematics, business informatics or economics) related to the research and teaching orientation of the chair. In addition, you will enjoy dealing with economic issues with the aim of writing a dissertation in which your interest in empirical research will be utilized. In addition to your knowledge of finance and/or accounting, you have (basic) econometric and mathematical skills and would like to contribute your in-depth expertise and method- ological know-how to our projects. Ideally, you will have excellent knowledge of working with (large) data sets, e.g. with SAS, STATA, R, and / or PYTHON. Finally, you have very good English and German language skills, communication, organizational and teamwork skills and enjoy performing teaching tasks.
- Integration into our dedicated team, into a comprehensive network of international researchers and practitioners at the professorship, in the Department of Taxation, Accounting & Finance and in the Collaborative Research Centre TRR 266 “Accounting for Transparency”
- Extensive access to internationally relevant databases in our research field,
- Diverse and interesting teaching activities,
- Structured doctoral program and individual supervision on you way to the doctoral
Since Paderborn University seeks to increase the number of female scientists, applications of women are especially welcome. In case of equal qualification and scientific achievements, they will receive preferential treatment according to the North Rhine-Westphalian Equal Opportunities Policy (LGG), unless there are cogent reasons to give preference to another applicant. Likewise, applications of disabled people with appropriate qualification are explicitly requested. This also applies to people with equal status according to the German social law SGB IX.
Please send your application including a CV and list of publications (preferably in a single pdf file) using the Ref. No. 6281, via e-mail to Prof. Dr. Sönke Sievers (firstname.lastname@example.org).